Quiet Revelry - The Bill Irwin Chronicles
The Bill Irwin Chronicles
"Whether doing classic mime ("Fool Moon") or
television ("Sesame Street"), this uncanny comic actor has always
exuded the sense that he is listening to music that no one else can
The New York Times
Who is Bill Irwin? People tend to think of him as an actor, a
dancer, a performance artist, a vaudeville clown. But he's also a
producer, director, writer, and choreographer. Sometimes it's sort
of hard to describe exactly what Bill does, but people who have seen
him agree - he does it well.
Where have you seen him before?
- Bill had recurring roles on the tv shows CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATIONS and
- Bill plays Mister Noodle on the "Elmo's World" segment of
- He's "that other guy" in Bobby McFerrin's video of "Don't Worry,
Be Happy" with Robin Williams.
- The Regard of Flight , which aired as part of PBS's GREAT PERFORMANCES series.
- Northern Exposure, where he played "The Flying Man" who
wooed Marilyn in seasons 3 ("Get Real") and 4 ("On Your Own").
- His wonderful solo dance in the movie My Blue Heaven, starring Rick Moranis and Steve Martin.
Quiet Revelry is offered in cooperation with Bill Irwin as
a gathering place for news, photos, and
Photos have been graciously
provided by Bill Irwin or by the respective copyright holders.
This site is in the middle of being redesigned and
expanded: some links may not yet be available. Thanks for your understanding and patience!